yeah...thats HIM..

Tall, well built, owns an oval face with bright brown eyes but often hiding behind his glasses..with straight short hair..


Hardworking
Responsible
Broadminded
Energetic
Tough
Strong minded
Aggressive
Respected and has a good name among society
Confident
Helpful
Reliable
Hot tempered


Yeah That's So Him!!!!


 i can still clearly remember..Those advice he uttered to me..
Never say No or Don’t know when someone asks you something (possible things yeh..)...


I know why..Because he practices that..
He knows..
Gardening
Structuring a house..
Cooking..
Plumbing..
Driving..
Swimming..
Repairing..
Running, managing, surviving and succeeding in a business..
Owns high general knowledge (technology too)
He speaks good mandarin (well he made so much effort learning it himself)


Name it?
i know..he knows almost everything..Definitely more than those people that i came across in my life..


Well he,
Enjoy doing social service
Loves spending time in temple (coming up with activities)
sucha coffee lover!
Does meditation!
Brings back home those random puppies on street and feeds them.
Reading books at every night is a MUST before he sleeps.
Keep building or changing the house design (he even built own sauna)


he always had so much things to do in life..and so much curiosity to learn and improve his knowledge..
(so inspiring)..


AND he always


Wanted to share his knowledge, experience with me but i was totally not interested in listening to his speech or random advises on life..When i m there for holiday!


As time goes..
Age started rising...environment changed..life started branching out to few roots..
that's when i exactly realized that i need to talk to him..


Well he was staying 1 hour away from my place..therefore i only visit him once awhile..


On some random day..
The thought of calling him up kept bugging me, but right at the moment i couldn’t do it..and once i reach back home,i will totally forget about it..That’s how the feeling was for that specific 1 week..i admit,i neglected my thoughts..


It was about 6.15 am..so windy..Could feel the chillness..WOW! totally a weather to remember..
As ussual..
Same routine..but that day was such a HAPPY DAY!!!i and my girls..were making HELL lots of jokes and giggling away..


Beep beep beep!(my friend's phone rang)
BUT
the phone died before answering due to low battery!
Sham,your mom called!”whispered my friend”


Felt so uneasy all of a sudden..i took a fast walk to nearby phone booth, and called my mum..
Hello?
hello!(bro answered)
ka @ sis....................my bro continued.....


i just lost the phone grip after hearing and sat on the floor...i was weeping..my heart kept screaming..why..why now..
no one could console me at the moment..DEFF not!
My eyes were swollen and I could feel the hot breeze on my cheeks..i didn’t wanna look nor talk to anyone..


After few hours
I was standing right at his door..watching him lying there (stagnant)..


Yeah..that's him...my grandpa..his no longer alive..
All those moments i ignored him was displaying in my head as if i was watching a movie..


It took me some time to digest the fact..THAT He is nomore..


Although it happened 7 years ago..i just can’t forgive myself..as i didn’t appreciate his presence, when i wanted too..he was no longer there..


Till now,
i still think of him so often..and sometime without realizing tears just well up in my eyes whenever i see an old man on the street..
How i wish..i was given another chance to have him back in my life.. :( or i can rewind certain things..


HOWEVER..


i truly feel gifted...coz i have seen and been with ma grandparents and also with ma GREAT GRANDPARENTS!..(I know only very few get those chances..i m blessed coz i m one of them)

2 comments:

Liz said...
Sunday, May 22, 2011

That's really sad T.T But don't feel bad. I'm sure your grandpa wouldn't want that. He'd understand :) But at least before he left, he served as a beautiful reminder to always cherish and make time for the people we love :D

Don't be sad. He's in a better place. And watching over you, I bet!

sHaMiNi @ Winzi Sherlz said...
Tuesday, May 24, 2011

yeah:( thanks darls..i bileve he's always watching me..

memories are the best gift in each of our lifes..as it gives live to al those no longer alive..